Custom Search

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A new year, and a new blog

This is my first foray into the world of blogging, so bear with me...

The aim of this blog is to try and write down some of the 25 000 things that tear through my mind every day. By doing so, it might help me distill some of these thoughts, and perhaps organise them into some form of order. Hopefully some part of them will trigger something in you - appeal to one of your interests - and I will be able to expand your awareness and knowledge at the same time.

I don't claim to be an expert on everything that I write about, but I feel I've had a pretty interesting life, and have absorbed plenty into my open mind as I've gone through it. Some of it is useful or interesting, some motivational or 'self-help' in nature, and some of it just downright random. All I can hope for is that some of it appeals to you in some way, because I know it's made an impression on me!

I don't want this to be a blog about the minutiae of my life ('today I had ham for lunch, and then went for a nap'). While I'm sure that they serve a purpose for the people writing them, I can't help but feel that those types of blogs lack substance. I want this blog to be something that people really look forward to reading, and come away feeling that little bit richer as a person - where they never know what they're gonna get on a given day, but they wanna find out anyway. This will be more about my observations of life; or lessons that I have learnt; or stories that I feel need to be told. It could be on subjects that I'm interested and experienced in (like business, entrepreneurship, languages, sports, relationships) or on subjects that I barely know anything about.

I'm sure it will develop its own character as it goes along, so welcome to it...

(And why 'Good Feathers', you ask? Because a client once asked me, after I'd solved a tricky situation for him, "How old are you, by the way?". At the time, I was only 22, and said so, adding "I'm but a spring chicken". His reply, which has stuck with me to this day, was: "You may be a spring chicken, but you've got some good feathers!")

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to learning more about my woderful friend...Belisa

    ReplyDelete

What was the first thing that came to mind when you read this post?